DUG server mod list and installation
DayzUnderground uses a few tasteful, immersive mods to enhance the hardcore experience playing on our server. We value immersion and the original vision of DayZ as an unpredictable, authentic and unforgiving sandbox that drives stories. Our mod list has to be installed and loaded by every player.
The mods that are currently used for the server are:
- Classic Names & Descriptions
- Increased Lumens
- Queue Connect Fix
DUG’s modding vision: A hardcore DayZ experience that drives stories in an unpredictable, authentic and unforgiving sandbox
While implementing mods, our main concerns are staying faithful to our dedication to an engaging and fun hardcore DayZ experience and to continually provide a stable and reliable environment for our players. Generally, we will always keep survival more challenging and value immersion.
Here is an overview of some of the changes and new content in our mod set:
- In our DUG mod, we balanced base destruction to make it more viable to build. Only the sledgehammer and firefighter axe can be used to destroy walls, and the firefighter axe is the only tool for locks. The condition of items affects their time to destroy walls and their wear is increased. Base raiding is harder due to increased destruction times but still possible.
- Less high-end rifles are spawning while their variety is increased through WeaponRedux. We selected weapons that don’t break gameplay and reviewed all of their Central Loot Economy settings to bring back that distinct and balanced 0.62 feel.
- We regularly add unique new content to our server through the custom DUG mod. These include new masks, a set of trading cards featuring some of our groups and factions. Custom armbands for factions (faction status is awarded to larger groups who contribute substantially to the community) and more.
- Light sources have increased luminance to make night-time gameplay more fun.
- Infected no longer spawn food and are drastically less likely to spawn tools
In addition to Diesel, Ammo and DrDeSync from the DUG team, we want to thank Lasyen, Munghard, Indianawinny, NotABanana, Misho, Baroness, Clarkycal, Arkensor, Jacob Mango and Dogue for their help or work on their mods which we are using.
Installing and Loading the right Mods
There are two ways to join our modded server. The first is the unofficial DayZSALauncher which is easiest, the other is the official DayZ Launcher which is slightly harder.
Both require you to be logged into Steam. Make sure you are running the latest DayZ stable patch.
If you are having any issues please let us know through our public Discord, we will be happy to help.
Enjoy your time!
The DayzUnderground Team