DUG server mod list and installation
DayzUnderground uses a few tasteful, immersive mods to enhance the hardcore experience playing on our server. We value immersion and the original vision of DayZ as an unpredictable, authentic and unforgiving sandbox that drives stories. Our modlist has to be installed and loaded by every player.
The mods that are currently used for the server are:
- Classic Names & Descriptions
- Increased Lumens
DUG’s modding vision: A hardcore DayZ experience that drives stories in an unpredictable, authentic and unforgiving sandbox
While implementing mods, our main concerns are staying faithful to our dedication to an engaging and fun hardcore DayZ experience and to continually provide a stable and reliable environment for our players. Generally, we will always keep survival more challenging and value immersion.
Here is an overview of some of the changes and new content in our modset:
- In our DUG mod, we balanced base destruction to make it more viable to build. Certain tools are now more effective than others. Hacksaws can no longer destroy walls. The condition of items affects their time to destroy walls and their wear is increased. Base raiding is harder but still possible.
- Less high-end rifles are spawning while their variety is increased through WeaponRedux. We selected weapons that don’t break gameoplay and reviewed all of their Central Loot Economy settings to bring back that distinct and balanced 0.62 feel.
- We regularily add unique new content to our server through the custom DUG mod. These include new masks, a set of trading cards featuring some of our groups and factions. Custom armbands for factions (faction status is awarded to larger groups who contribute substantially to the community) and more.
- Light sources have increased luminance to make night-time gameplay more fun.
- Infected no longer spawn food and are drastically less likely to spawn tools
In addition to Diesel, Ammo and DrDeSync from the DUG team, we want to thank Lasyen, Munghard, Indianawinny, NotABanana, Misho, Baroness, Clarkycal, Arkensor, Jacob Mango and Dogue for their help or work on their mods which we are using.
Installing and Loading the right Mods
There are two ways to join our modded server. The first is the unofficial DayZSALauncher which is easiest, the other is the official DayZ Launcher which is slightly harder.
Both require you to be logged into Steam. Make sure you are running the latest DayZ stable patch.
If you are having any issues please let us know through our public Discord, we will be happy to help.
Enjoy your time!
The DayzUnderground Team